Developing C-Suite Leadership to Support
Strategy and Structure at Essar
As part of Essar’s Strategic Restructuring that led to the decentralisation of nine business verticals into 64 CEO led and Board managed SBUs, a number of new CXO teams were created.
This led to the emergence of several Technocrats with gaps in management capabilities, Essar developed the Top Leadership Development Intervention, along with the Indian School of Business.
- Psychometric and EQ based self assessment for over 150 C-Suite Leaders
- Individual consolidated ‘Key Insights Report’ report for each leader
- 12 Coaches supported by BasilTree team, who helped the leaders make sense of the data and put together an actionable development plan
- Detailed Analytics for the Board on key trends and patterns
- Development of Leadership Capability in line with the strategic direction of the business
- A coaching based approach ensured that technocrats becoming C-Suite leaders for the first time were not threated with the intensity of assessment heavy processes
- Analytics to the Essar Corporate Centre constituting key Board members, included trends and insights on leadership gaps, cultural and other challenges to be considered for future interventions
“A new leadership development agenda emerged as part of the strategic restructuring of Essar, resulting in the creation of the Top Leadership Development Intervention. Over 150 Leaders went through an extensive three-part programme, preceded by psychometric assessments and coaching. We engaged BasilTree Consulting to support us in this initiative. We found their work to be of high quality, astute, timely and most of all, proactive, enabling the assignment to be delivered at the next level. We strongly recommend BasilTree to carry out assessment supported leadership development interventions.”
– Dr. Sujaya Banerjee, Chief Learning Officer, Essar Group